Theodore Schilling and Sons was a plumbing company located at 3838 Stephenson Avenue in Los Angeles. Above the store is the office of Charles Ross Clapp,a physician and surgeon, who apparently didn’t have a doctor’s degree. Both business were in operation in 1915. Below appears to be the same building today at 3828 Whittier Blvd. […]
The Pueblo Motor Hotel (built in 1957 according to Redfin) now appears to be the address of a senior living center known as the Alma Lodge. The location is in Eagle Rock.
The Morosco Photoplay Company, a small silent film production studio, incorporated in late 1914. It then built its studio at 201 N. Occidental Blvd. Today, the original entrance building is part of Occidental Studios. Oliver Morosco, who ran the studio in its early years, partnered with Paramount Pictures to bring many East Coast theatrical stars […]
The Golden Lotus Gateway to Self-Realization Fellowship Church of All Religious and India Center, located at 4860 Sunset Blvd. (next to Mushroom Burger). Postcard appears to be around 1958.
The Arthur L. Garford home at 1126 Hillcrest in Pasadena, California. Property History The mansion was constructed in 1916 by architects Marston and Van Pelt. Garford was an Ohio business man, inventor and bicyclist who made his first fortune inventing a bicycle saddle that became very popular. After selling his company, he invested in automobiles, eventually […]
Then & Now: A 1926 built home located at 2810 Beachwood Drive. The top photo is how it looked in 1971; the bottom photo is how it looks today. The architect was Francis Pierpont Davis.
Then & Now: 20924 Sherman Way in Canoga Park. Top Photo: Canoga Carpets in 1961, when the building opened. Bottom Photo: T-Mart today.
Film actor John Boles’ home at 2265 Canyon Dr. in Los Angeles. He lived there around 1932.
Then & Now: 1316 Carroll Ave. in Angelino Heights. The top photo was taken in the 1970s. The Victorian home was built in 1887. Its first owner was Major Horace M. Russell.
Then and Now: Hollywood Blvd. and Western Avenue. Top photo is from 1981.